NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — Six residents have been displaced by a fire that was reportedly caused by lithium-ion batteries, according to the New Bedford Fire Department.
Firefighters rushed to Hathaway Boulevard Wednesday morning for reports of smoke coming from a townhouse.
The fire broke out inside the basement of the townhouse and was quickly extinguished, though firefighters took extra precautions after discovering several lithium-ion batteries connected to a charger.
No one was injured and the cause has been deemed accidental.
Read the full article here